Re: Origin installation via Ansible, dnsIP problem presumably

Thanks for the confirmation Jason!

A small update since is that I realized I don't need to re-run the installer evertime I want to check the host variables.
As described here, I can run the openshift_facts.yml playbook.
https://github.com/openshift/openshift-ansible/blob/master/README_origin.md#overriding-detected-ip-addresses-and-hostnames
And the problem is present in the nicely formatted output.
"dns_ip": "{# openshift_dns_ip | default(openshift_master_cluster_vip | default(None if openshift.common.version_gte_3_1_or_1_1 | bool else openshift_node_first_master_ip | default(None, true), true), true) #}",
The _expression_ is present in many places, so I don't yet see which one gets used in my case.
Probably I should check the verbose logs.

On 04/15/2016 02:42 PM, Jason DeTiberus wrote:

On Apr 15, 2016 5:43 AM, "David Balakirev" <david balakirev adnovum hu> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> After getting a bit of experience with the binary distribution, I am now setting Origin via the Ansible playbook.
>
> At the end of the installation I run into some problems.
>>
>> TASK: [openshift_node | Start and enable node] ********************************
>> <node-001.adnopenshift-dev.mycompany.com> REMOTE_MODULE service name=origin-node enabled=yes state=started
>> <master-001.adnopenshift-dev.mycompany.com> REMOTE_MODULE service name=origin-node enabled=yes state=started
>> failed: [node-001.adnopenshift-dev.mycompany.com] => {"failed": true}
>> msg: Job for origin-node.service failed because the control process exited with error code. See "systemctl status origin-node.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.
>>
>> failed: [master-001.adnopenshift-dev.mycompany.com] => {"failed": true}
>> msg: Job for origin-node.service failed because the control process exited with error code. See "systemctl status origin-node.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.
>
> So I checked the journal log:
>>
>> could not load config file "/etc/origin/node/node-config.yaml" due to an error: yaml: line 5: did not find expected ',' or '}'
>

> I believe what happens, is that in the node-config.yaml the following _expression_ on line 4 cannot be evaluated somehow (_expression_ not terminated properly), hence the problem on line 5.

Yes, somehow the Ansible jinja2 template didn't get evaluated and was output into the node config.

We probably should be using a filter here to prevent failed evaluations from getting written through.

Scott or Andrew (cc'd) could you take a closer look?