SELinux and OC cluster up/down

Hi,

As per documentation [2] SELinux is a prerequisite for OpenShift installation. However for "oc cluster up/down" environment there is no mention of SELinux [2].

Is it ok if an application developed in OpenShift environment provided by "oc cluster up" that is without SELinux or SELinux disabled and then we try to run it in a proper OpenShift environment with SELinux enabled?

Going by my SELinux experience, I think we should keep SELinux enabled in the development environment as it would in the production environment, else it can completely break the application. But the lack of documentation and understanding around role of SELinux in "oc cluster up" environment led to some confusion [3].

Can someone shed some light on this? Thanks a lot in advance.

[1] https://docs.openshift.org/latest/install_config/install/prerequisites.html#prereq-selinux

[2] https://github.com/openshift/origin/blob/master/docs/cluster_up_down.md

[3] https://github.com/minishift/minishift-centos-iso/issues/1

Thanks,