Re: multiple network plugins in node config

On 06/06/2016 01:08 PM, Rajat Chopra wrote:
> No way exists today to specify multiple plugins. Why don't you write a
> wrapper that calls openshift-sdn from within?

That won't work; the binary bits of openshift-sdn won't get run if the
plugin name isn't redhat/openshift-ovs-subnet or
redhat/openshift-ovs-multitenant.

> On Jun 6, 2016 8:44 AM, "Alan Jones" <ajones diamanti com> wrote:
>     Is it possible to specify multiple network plugins in the node
>     configuration?
>     I would like to keep the default 'redhat/openshift-ovs-subnet' but
>     add one specific to our hardware.
>     Our plugin only does something interesting if our annotations are
>     present.

This is a lot like what we did for the macvlan annotation for the egress
router. (If a specific annotation is present, openshift-sdn adds a
second [macvlan] interface to the pod.) I thought about trying to
implement that as a separate plugin, but kubernetes isn't really set up
for that.

However, CNI does have the concept of a pod being attached to multiple
"networks". Maybe we do need the possibility of running multiple network
plugins per pod.

Can you be more specific about what your plugin will be doing?

-- Dan