Re: Want to build an image with a war file using OC command line tool

Thank you Ben, I will try this out.

On Tue, Jun 7, 2016 at 7:53 PM, Ben Parees <bparees redhat com> wrote:

On Tue, Jun 7, 2016 at 9:07 AM, Rupali Behera <rbehera redhat com> wrote:
Hi,

I wanted to create an image using OC command line tool to which I want to pass only the war file, like we can do using s2i build with binary content.

Is it possible using the OC command line tool ?

you'll want to first define a binary type build using
oc new-build <someimage> --to <targetimagename> --binary

then
oc start-build <yourbuildconfig> --from-file=your.war

Note that today only the Wildfly images support a single file as the input, the EAP and JWS images will be updated to support that model soon.

In the meantime, you can instead create a directory structure of:
deployments/your.war

and then pass --from-dir=.  (where "." is the dir containing the "deployments" directory) and that will work with wildfly, EAP, and JWS.

--
Thanks,
Rupali