Re: Request for a new generic release image tag on Docker hub

On Wed, Jun 15, 2016 at 1:45 PM, Devan Goodwin <dgoodwin redhat com> wrote:
> Would it be possible to have a new tag included when we push official
> release images out to docker hub: i.e. "v1.2" for the latest image in
> the 1.2 stream.
>
> This would allow support for a new way to specify a generic release to
> install in ansible inventories, rather than having to specify with
> complete precision as you do today. (i.e. 3.1.1.6 in the OSE case)
>
> We've done this for OSE but I'd like to see it work for origin as well.

+1 to this and it doesn't suffer from having to decide which versions
are "stable" which seems to have been Clayton's objection when I asked
for a "stable" tag to achieve the same end goal you're trying to
achieve.

Ultimately I'd settle for anything that got me a non ephemeral build,
but v1.2 and v1.3 would be awesome.
--
Scott