Re: Request for a new generic release image tag on Docker hub

Generally we always pin tags to the previous version (so that we know
exactly what we'd get).  If we tagged them as v1.3.0, when we pushed
new .alpha.X tags there's no guarantee everyone's deployments would
get a new image deployed, which would make debugging very, very hard
and prevent us from being able to guarantee the right update is
delivered.