use of third_party directory for libcompose

Hi,
I've been looking how docker-compose support is implemented in OpenShift Origin.
And I have one question regarding use of libcompose:

Why is libcompose in third_party directory, and it is not managed
using godeps like other dependencies?

I would like to state that I'm quite new to whole Go lang ecosystem,
so this might be stupid question :-) But this is something that I
wasn't able to figure out.

--
Tomas