Re: packaging

On Wed, Jun 29, 2016 at 11:20 AM, Luke Meyer <lmeyer redhat com> wrote:
> Err yeah, https://github.com/openshift/origin/blob/master/origin.spec looks
> promising. For some reason I was expecting it in hack/
>
> On Wed, Jun 29, 2016 at 12:07 PM, Clayton Coleman <ccoleman redhat com>
> wrote:
>>
>> The spec file checked in to the repo is the same one that is used to build
>> those RPMs, isn't it?

Yes/No
The spec file there is set to version 0, release 0.
There also is no real source for it.
I can't speak for the Fedora srpm, because Adam Miller makes that, but
for the CentOS srpm we start with tito to update the spec file.
I'd give you the particular tito command, but we're still working on
the workflow.

Anyway, Yes, 95% of the spec file is there in origin.
You just need to update Version, Relese, Changelog, and ldflags.
And then create a tarball.
Just 5% of the spec file to change, but very important.