Re: openshift pod restarts and fails frequently

On 03/02/2016 03:38 AM, Pri wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am creating an app in Origin 3.1 using my Docker image.
>
> Whenever I create image new pod gets created  but it restarts again and again and finally gives status as "CrashLoopBackOff".
>
> I analysed logs for pod but it gives no error, all log data is as expected for a successfully running app. Hence, not able to determine the cause.
>

> I came across below link today, which says "running an application inside of a container as root still has risks, OpenShift doesn't allow you to do that by default and will instead run as an arbitrary assigned user ID."
>

> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/35710965/what-is-crashloopbackoff-status-for-openshift-pods
>
> Here my image is using root user only, what to do to make this work?  as logs shows no error but pod keeps restarting.
>
> Could anyone please help me with this.

Some of the things we have had to do to get some images to work is
open up permissions on certain directories as well as specify a user
to run as (so default to non-root). See [1] for an example of changes
we (the atomicapp team, not the openshift team) made to an image to
get it to run in openshift.

The openshift guys might have a better answer for you.

- Dusty

[1] https://github.com/CentOS/CentOS-Dockerfiles/commit/c360108b88b29fcd2fd71f46e4cce8243462cb94