Re: oc export

On Mon, Mar 14, 2016 at 1:10 PM, Tomas Kral <tkral redhat com> wrote:
Thank you, that makes sense, but this is also what was afraid of :(

We want to be able to export any arbitrary application that we know
nothing about :(
Now we need to figure out which object were generated by OpenShift
internally and which one were created by developer.

​You're introducing an additional requirement. :) Can you confirm the initial problem is resolved?

If you're comfortable with exporting everything in a project then replace "all" with the set of resources Clayton listed. It is dangerously presumptive that there's only one "application" in a project. You may export unexpected objects depending on what the user has deployed in the project.​

I can see that ReplicationController that is generated by
DeploymentConfig has annotation 'openshift.io/deployment-config.name:
...' and same apply for its Pods.

For Pod that was created by ReplicationController (that is not from
DeploymentConfig) I see annotation 'kubernetes.io/created-by: ...'

Can we rely on those annotations to decide what to export and what to
leave behind? Is this documented somewhere?