RE: [OpenShift 3 deployment] Error response from daemon: Error setting devmapper transaction ID: Error running SetTransactionID dm_task_run failed

Hi Jason,

Thank you for your inputs. Please find below my comments.

De : Jason DeTiberus [mailto:jdetiber redhat com]
Envoyé : mercredi 16 mars 2016 22:25
À : ABDALA Olga
Cc : dev lists openshift redhat com
Objet : Re: [OpenShift 3 deployment] Error response from daemon: Error setting devmapper transaction ID: Error running SetTransactionID dm_task_run failed

On Tue, Mar 15, 2016 at 10:00 AM, ABDALA Olga <Olga ABDALA solucom fr> wrote:

Hello,

It’s me again with my openShift deployment issues. Last time, I was telling that I managed to deploy a non-distributed OpenShift with just 1 Master and 1 Node.

From the basic configuration, I wanted to add the number of Nodes in order to have 1 Master and 2 Nodes.

So what I did is, I followed the steps, as indicated here . What changed from my previous configuration, is :

-       I enabled SELinux

-       I installed ansible

-       I installed the following packages

 yum install wget git net-tools bind-utils iptables-services bridge-utils bash-completion

-       I did what is asked for the EPEL repository

-       I cloned the openshift-ansible repository

-       I generated an SSH key on the master then copied the key on the  other Node hosts

-       I then configured my /etc/ansible/hosts file as follow:

# Create an OSEv3 group that contains the masters and nodes groups

[OSEv3:children]

masters

nodes

#etcd

#lb

# Set variables common for all OSEv3 hosts

[OSEv3:vars]

#SSH user, this user should allow ssh based auth without requiring a password

ansible_ssh_user=root

# If ansible_ssh_user is not root, ansible_sudo must be set to true

#ansible_sudo=false

deployment_type=origin

# uncomment the following to enable htpasswd authentication; defaults to DenyAllPasswordIdentityProvider

openshift_master_identity_providers=[{'name': 'htpasswd_auth', 'login': 'true', 'challenge': 'true', 'kind': 'HTPasswdPasswordIdentityProvider', 'filename': '/etc/origin/master/htpasswd'}]

# host group for masters

[masters]

sv5256.selfdeploy.loc openshift_hostname=sv5256.selfdeploy.loc containerized=true

Any reason you are choosing a containerized the master and not the nodes?

ð  I thought that by setting “containerized to true”, the containerized services were run on both the Master and the Nodes (please correct me if I’m wrong, since I am really new to OpenShift).

# host group for nodes, includes region info

[nodes]

sv5256.selfdeploy.loc openshift_node_labels="{'region': 'infra', 'zone': 'default'}"

SV5257.selfdeploy.loc openshift_node_labels="{'region': 'primary', 'zone': 'east'}"

SV5258.selfdeploy.loc openshift_node_labels="{'region': 'primary', 'zone': 'west'}"

Your master should be listed as a node as well, there are some features that require that the master be part of the sdn and currently that is only possible with the master also being a node.

ð  The master is listed as a node actually. The Master hostname is: sv5256.selfdeploy.loc . Or maybe is there another place it should be mentioned as node ?

-       I then run the advanced installation as follow:

# ansible-playbook ~/openshift-ansible/playbooks/byo/config.yml

The `oc get nodes`, at first showed me that all the hosts were ready (cfr the attached screenshot),

-       I also configured a master file

-       I could not set up the Node configuration file because I was getting a message saying that ‘ca.crt’ file in `/var/lib/origin/openshift.local.config/master/` needed to be correct. The thing is I cannot find the `/openshift.local.config/master` under /var/lib. It is located somewhere else.

This is because your master is not currently a node, once it is added to the node inventory, you should see a node directory containing configuration under /etc/origin/.

ð  So is that still is the cause of the error message ?

I tried to re-run the `oc get nodes` command and any other, but , I am being displayed this error:

Error response from daemon: Error setting devmapper transaction ID: Error running SetTransactionID dm_task_run failed.

Sounds like docker is hung on the host. You can try to restart the docker daemon, and then attempt to run oc again (On a containerized installation oc is actually a shell script that runs the oc client within a container rather than natively).

Can please anybody help me with this matter?

Thanks

Olga