containerized openshift can't mount glusterfs

Hi!

I'd like to draw attention to a bug report of mine.
 https://github.com/openshift/origin/issues/7978

In short, using containerized openshift (v1.1.3 and v1.1.4) on docker
1.8 (latest centos atomic), openshift cannot mount glusterfs volumes.
The nodes themselves can and do mount gluster volumes. I can also mount
glusterfs from within a (privileged) pod.

I installed openshift via openshift-ansible a while ago, so I might have
missed a configuration setting. A short look through the template did
not reveal that though. So: is there some configuration setting I am not
aware of?

Thank you in advance,
 Tobias Florek