RE: [OpenShift 3 deployment] Error response from daemon: Error setting devmapper transaction ID: Error running SetTransactionID dm_task_run failed

On Mar 17, 2016 5:52 AM, "ABDALA Olga" <Olga ABDALA solucom fr> wrote:

> Hi Jason,
>

> Thank you for your inputs. Please find below my comments.

If you set 'containerized=true' under [OSEv3: vars] that would have been the case.

With allowing for a mixture of containerized and non-containerized could be to allow someone to migrate from a non-containerized install to a containerized install (this would require a bit of extra tooling or manual process), but the main reason is that we didn't want to impose an arbitrary limitation.

>> # host group for nodes, includes region info
>>
>> [nodes]
>>
>> sv5256.selfdeploy.loc openshift_node_labels="{'region': 'infra', 'zone': 'default'}"
>>
>> SV5257.selfdeploy.loc openshift_node_labels="{'region': 'primary', 'zone': 'east'}"
>>
>> SV5258.selfdeploy.loc openshift_node_labels="{'region': 'primary', 'zone': 'west'}"
>

> Your master should be listed as a node as well, there are some features that require that the master be part of the sdn and currently that is only possible with the master also being a node.
>
> ð  The master is listed as a node actually. The Master hostname is: sv5256.selfdeploy.loc . Or maybe is there another place it should be mentioned as node ?

Ah, I missed that on the first read through. That is sufficient for defining the master.

>> -       I then run the advanced installation as follow:
>>
>> # ansible-playbook ~/openshift-ansible/playbooks/byo/config.yml
>>
>> The `oc get nodes`, at first showed me that all the hosts were ready (cfr the attached screenshot),
>>

>> -       I also configured a master file

The installation should have left a master config file in /etc/origin/master/master-config.yaml.

>> -       I could not set up the Node configuration file because I was getting a message saying that ‘ca.crt’ file in `/var/lib/origin/openshift.local.config/master/` needed to be correct. The thing is I cannot find the `/openshift.local.config/master` under /var/lib. It is located somewhere else.
>
> This is because your master is not currently a node, once it is added to the node inventory, you should see a node directory containing configuration under /etc/origin/.
>
> ð  So is that still is the cause of the error message ?

I missed the part where the master was a node, but the node configuration would should be present at /etc/origin/node/node-config.yaml. It sounds like you may have the origin binary installed on the local system though.

>> I tried to re-run the `oc get nodes` command and any other, but , I am being displayed this error:
>>

>> Error response from daemon: Error setting devmapper transaction ID: Error running SetTransactionID dm_task_run failed.
>

> Sounds like docker is hung on the host. You can try to restart the docker daemon, and then attempt to run oc again (On a containerized installation oc is actually a shell script that runs the oc client within a container rather than natively).

Have you tried to restart Docker? You may have to also start the origin-master and origin-node services as well if they don't come back on their own after restarting Docker.