Re: Outreachy openshift-ansible vagrant project

Hey Anna!

That's great that you'd like to contribute! I've never worked on this project myself (so I don't know anything), but I suggest taking a look at the documents linked under the "Contributing" section of the openshift-ansible README: https://github.com/openshift/openshift-ansible#contributing and running a Vagrant build as a start: https://github.com/openshift/openshift-ansible/blob/master/README_vagrant.md

For the contributing docs, I'd suggest starting with the Core Concepts doc, then the Best Practices and/or Code Style guides. Luckily it's a pretty brief guide.

This will let you get your feet wet, and give some time for our resident OpenShift/Ansible expert (Jason, on cc) to give you some more specific guidance. I also suggest reading through Jason's previous answer on the list, here: http://lists.openshift.redhat.com/openshift-archives/dev/2016-March/msg00047.html (though I'm not sure how relevant it is to your goals personally.) I also recommend joining the IRC channel (Freenode #openshift-outreachy) during business hours in US Eastern time.

If you somehow finish looking through all those things before Jason chimes in, then maybe getting a handle on Vagrant would be a good next step - this was the first hit for "Vagrant introduction": http://blog.scottlowe.org/2014/09/12/a-quick-introduction-to-vagrant/

We're excited to have you here. Welcome!

Cheers,

Jonathan

Warm wishes,

Jonathan Yu / Software Engineer, OpenShift by Red Hat / Twitter (@jawnsy) is the quickest way to my heart
“Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.” — Samuel Beckett, Worstward Ho (1983)

“In an adaptive environment, winning comes from adapting to change by continuously experimenting and identifying new options more quickly and economically than others. The classical strategist's mantra of sustainable competitive advantage becomes one of serial temporary advantage.” — Navigating the Dozens of Different Strategy Options (HBR)