Re: Three-tier application deployment on OpenShift origin

On Wed, May 4, 2016 at 8:30 AM, ABDALA Olga <Olga ABDALA solucom fr> wrote:

Hello Erik,

Thank you for your inputs.

However, while trying to update the label for my Nodes, here is what I get:

labels are single key/value pairs. You are trying to add an additional zone label without specifying --overwrite. You cannot have multiple values for the same key.

Same thing if I try to update my pods’ labels.

Changing a pod label is not what you want to do. You want to change the pod nodeselector.

For the NodeSelector, where can I find the pod configuration file, for me to specify the Node,  please?

Is it in the master-config.yaml file?

master-config.yaml is the master configuration, not a "pod configuration". "pod configuration" is kind of a strange statement. You probably mean "pod definition".

We'll ignore nodeselector and master-config because while it's a thing, it won't do what you want. If you're interested, docs here: https://docs.openshift.org/latest/admin_guide/managing_projects.html#setting-the-cluster-wide-default-node-selector.

What you want to change is the pod nodeselector. I linked to the docs:

https://docs.openshift.org/latest/dev_guide/deployments.html#assigning-pods-to-specific-nodes

I don't know how you created your pods, so how you change/add nodeselector depends.

Since you have builds, I am guessing that you used something like "new-app". new-app will have created a deploymentconfig. You would want to edit the deploymentconfig, find the pod template, and then add the nodeselector as shown in the docs above.

Thank you!

Olga