Let's Encrypt controller for OpenShift

I've been thinking for a long time about some kind of support for Let's
Encrypt [1] in OpenShift. In the meantime Kelsey Hightower came with
his PoC for Kubernetes [2]. It's a great starting point although it
will need modifications to work with OpenShift's router. Actually I
thing that in combination with the router it becomes more powerful,
because your app does not even need to support https and reading
certificates if your route is set to edge termination.

The main goal here is to provide OpenShift users with valid
certificates for free and enable HTTPS for everyone. It will also take
care about certificates renewal.

I believe this could be a great feature for OpenShift. I know I
definitely want this for my server at home, but I think this could even
work for Online, but let's not get ahead of ourself. It would make an
awesome demo if you could just create a route for your service in
OpenShift and get HTTPS (with a valid certificate) out of the box; or
after installing the controller.

I would be interested in writing such controller for OpenShift based on
Kelsey's work, but I would appreciate some form of guidance from
someone who knows the router or in general. I'd like to build this as
an OSS with production quality; not just PoC.

And I wanted to check if someone isn't already working on that?

Thanks,
Tomas

[1] - https://letsencrypt.org/
[2] - https://github.com/kelseyhightower/kube-cert-manager