Re: NetworkCIDR for big cluster

Check this for the new defaults:
https://docs.openshift.com/container-platform/3.3/install_config/configuring_sdn.html#configuring-the-pod-network-on-masters

The default cluster subnet mask is now 14, but the important number to look at is hostSubnetLength. The default now is 9, which means one can have 512 pods and 512 nodes.
To have 1000 nodes, either keep hostSubnetLength 8 (256 pods) or put the cidr mask at 13.

For a cidr mask of 12, and a hostSubnetLength of 9, you will get 512 pods on each of 2048 nodes.

/Rajat