Container UUID

Hi

Is there any way to put an environment variable which hold a unique UUID value per pod basis? If we put an environment variable at dc or rc level, same value propagating for all pods. That is expected behavior since all pods are creating using same template definition

If we add environment variable at pod level, its life time is limited.

Example:  Want to put an environment variable like below

UUID = FCAC382C-0CEB-40E4-9654-07715CDC9DD8

This UUID is unique to each pod.

--

Srinivas Kotaru