Re: deploying to cluster with no persistent volumes

We kind of have said the opposite - that it should almost always be
possible to get a PV bound unless you ask for something weird.  Ie
allowing local pvc, precreating pv in cluster up and the installer,
and better dynamic provisioners like the nfs tools.

That doesn't mean that API would be a bad idea, but right now it's
fairly expensive in dev time to implement.