Quota Policies

Hi

I’m trying to frame a policy for best usage of compute resources for our environment. I stared reading documentation on this topic. Although documentation is pretty limited on this topic with working examples, now I have some better understanding on quota and limtrange objects.

We are planning to enforce quota and limtrange on every project as part of project provision. Client can increase these limits by going to modify screen on our system and pay the cost accordingly. Goal is to have high efficient cluster resource usage and minimal client disturbance.

Have few questions around implementation?

Can we exclude build, deploy like short time span pods from quota restrictions?

Quotas enforced only running pods or dead pods, pending status, succeeded?

What is the meaning of scopes: Terminating or scopes: NotTerminating in quota definition? It is bit confusing to understand.

BestEffort or NotBestEffort are used to explain the concept or can Pod definition can have these words?

Any good documentation with examples would help in documentation.

Srinivas Kotaru

--

Srinivas Kotaru