Re: Usage is more then Limits

CPU request corresponds to fair share CPU - if you cross over your limit you use the slack capacity.  Memory request determines most scheduling (we place you on a node if it has at least request memory available).  Memory limit is a hard limit, and CPU limit is a hard limit (if you have 0.1 core limit, you can never run more than 10% of CPU time).

When you use overcommit, we rewrite either limit or requests.  If you see CPU or memory above limit, that's definitely a bug.

On Tue, May 23, 2017 at 1:15 PM, Srinivas Naga Kotaru (skotaru) <skotaru cisco com> wrote:

Can someone comment on this?

--

Srinivas Kotaru

From: Srinivas Naga Kotaru <skotaru cisco com>
Date: Wednesday, May 10, 2017 at 12:25 PM
To: dev <dev lists openshift redhat com>
Subject: Usage is more then Limits

Hi

Is it possible Usage is more than Limits? Observed some nodes has more Usage then allowed Limits in our cluster. We have a Quota’s implemented, LimitRagen enabled per project (Defaults Limits and Requests) and Cluster overcommit % specified (10 % CPU Limits and 25 % Memory Limits as requests for scheduling to take place)

It is my understanding based on above data, is requets always 1/10 fo CPU and ¼ of memory and Limits can go as much specified by clients but Usage should be less then Limits as clients can’t go beyound Limits.

--

Srinivas Kotaru