Re: question about openshift origin deployer

The deploy command is a sub command in the openshift binary (openshift infra deploy —help) and makes api calls back to openshift to launch the pod.  The deployment service account is used by the pod and is granted the permission to launch hook pods and also to scale the replica set for each revision of a deployment config.