Re: environment variables when running multiple containers in one pod

Hi Slava,

The two pvc "ocai-mysql-claim" and "ocai-nb-claim" are consuming two pv which are resides on one real storage.  After deploying it on openshift origin cluster, "empty" password worked when connecting to mysql.

And endpoint for glusterfs was destroyed soon after deployment, I didn't find out the reason.

Then I modified the deployment as below.  And mysql worked as expected.

Now I have two questions:

1, Could two pv reside on one real volume? For example, glusterfs volume

2, I found glusterfs related endpoints disappeared after running deployment successfully. How could I debug such issue?

   spec:
      containers:
      - name: ocai
        image: aura/web:develop
        imagePullPolicy: Always
        ports:
        - containerPort: 9000
      - name: notebook
        image: aura/all-spark-notebook:latest
        imagePullPolicy: Always
        ports:
        - containerPort: 8889
        command: ["sh", "-c", "jupyter-notebook --port=8889 --NotebookApp.token='9e4f96c5239743a8dd5910216c6f02dad89a58932d63db7f' --config=/jupyter_notebook_config.py --no-browser"]
        volumeMounts:
        - mountPath: /data/ai_lab/ocai/
          name: ocai-data
          subPath: nb
        resources:
          requests:
            memory: 4Gi
      - name: mysql
        env:
          - name: MYSQL_ROOT_PASSWORD
            value: Ocai 1234
        image: aura/mysql:5.7
        imagePullPolicy: IfNotPresent
        ports:
        - containerPort: 3306
        volumeMounts:
        - mountPath: "/var/lib/mysql"
          name: ocai-data
          subPath: mysql
        resources:
          requests:
            memory: 2G
      volumes:
      - name: ocai-data
        persistentVolumeClaim:
          claimName: ocai-claim

Thanks,

Jared, (韦煜)
Software developer
Interested in open source software, big data, Linux