Re: Leader election in Kubernetes control plane

In 3.6 you can look at which master is using the most memory (the
passive controllers won’t use much at all).

You can also do a GET /controllers against :8444 which returns 200 if
this is the active controller, or 404 (iirc) otherwise.  That’s been
removed though in newer versions in favor of the election annotations.