Re: Kubelet/node nice level

Which version of openshift and what are your node start settings?

On Jun 29, 2018, at 11:10 PM, Mateus Caruccio <mateus caruccio getupcloud com> wrote:

Hi. I'm trying to run openshift kubelet with nice set o -5 but with no success.

I've noticed that kubelet is started using syscall.Exec[1], which calls execve. The man page of execve[2] states that the new process shall inherited nice value from caller.

After adding `Nice=-5` to origin-node unit and reloading both daemon and unit, openshift node process still runs with nice=0.

What am I missing?

--
Mateus Caruccio / Master of Puppets
We make the infrastructure invisible