Re: CAP_LINUX_IMMUTABLE

Is it possible to use CAP_LINUX_IMMUTABLE security context with restricted SCC? One of our client want to use chattr +a /tmp/logs/*.log command in pod. We don’t want to relax or give privileged SCC for any clients.

The "restricted" SCC doesn't allow any extra capabilities except those that are granted by default by Docker. So, the answer is "No, you can't".

If you "don’t want to relax or give privileged SCC", you still may create a custom SCC that will be identical to "restricted" but also allows CAP_LINUX_IMMUTABLE capability. Such SCC can be granted only to some clients, so they will be able to use it.

Hope this helps!

--
Slava Semushin | OpenShift