Re: Origin EOL policy and what does trigger a new minor release

PSB

On Wed, May 16, 2018 at 5:11 PM, Clayton Coleman <ccoleman@redhat.com> wrote:
Currently the process is:

1. critical security vulnerabilities are back ported
2. anyone is free to backport a change that is justifiable if you can get review and meet the bar for review
3. anyone who helps backport a change is expected to help keep CI jobs working if you see something is broken - right now only a small pool of people are doing that so I've been asking folks to chip in and keep the jobs up to date if you're going to submit PRs
4. all changes should be in master first (we won't backport an issue that hasn't merged to upstream kube or to origin master)
[DC]:  Can you please be more specific around "merged to upstream kube" ? Reason i'm asking is because K8 is always ahead by 1 cycle with Origin and as such are you saying that upstream kube branch should match with what origin master code base cycle is - i.e. say currently origin master is being worked on 1.10 K8 code base and as such upstream kube to "watch" is 1.10 branch ?

I cut releases on critical issues and otherwise the tag is just rolling (if you merge to release-3.7 the change will show up).