Re: [3.x]: openshift router and its own metrics

On Thu, Aug 15, 2019 at 10:03 AM Daniel Comnea <comnea dani gmail com> wrote:
Hi,

Would appreciate if anyone can please confirm that my understanding is correct w.r.t the way the router haproxy image [1] is built.
Am i right to assume that the image [1] is is built as it's seen without any other layer being added to include [2] ?
Also am i right to say the haproxy metrics [2] is part of the origin package ?

A bit of background/ context:

a while back on OKD 3.7 we had to swap the openshift 3.7.2 router image with 3.10 because we were seeing some problems with the reload and so we wanted to take the benefit of the native haproxy 1.8 reload feature to stop affecting the traffic.

While everything was nice and working okay we've noticed recently that the haproxy stats do slowly increase and we do wonder if this is an accumulation or not cause (maybe?) by the reloads. Now i'm aware of a change made [3] however i suspect that is not part of the 3.10 image hence my question to double check if my understanding is wrong or not.

Cheers,
Dani

[1] https://github.com/openshift/origin/tree/release-3.10/images/router/haproxy
[2] https://github.com/openshift/origin/tree/release-3.10/pkg/router/metrics