Re: RFC: OKD4 Roadmap Draft

Hi everybody,

we can't go ahead with a vote on the roadmap just yet, as we have to await conclusion of the Charter vote, first.
If you have specific suggestions for the roadmap, please add comments on the draft [1] in the meantime
Mz apologies for the delay.

[1] https://hackmd.io/Py3RcpuyQE2psYEIBQIzfw

Christian Glombek

Associate Software Engineer

Red Hat GmbH

cglombek redhat com

Red Hat GmbH, http://www.de.redhat.com/, Sitz: Grasbrunn, Germany,
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht München, HRB 153243,
Geschäftsführer: Charles Cachera, Michael O'Neill, Tom Savage, Eric Shander

On Mon, Aug 19, 2019 at 9:11 AM Clayton Coleman <ccoleman redhat com> wrote:
> On Aug 16, 2019, at 10:25 PM, Michael McCune <elmiko redhat com> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Aug 16, 2019 at 2:36 PM Kevin Lapagna <444 gmx ch> wrote:
>>
>>> On Fri, Aug 16, 2019 at 4:50 PM Clayton Coleman <ccoleman redhat com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Single master / single node configurations are possible, but they will be hard.  Many of the core design decisions of 4 are there to ensure the cluster can self host, and they also require that machines really be members of the cluster.
>>

>> How about (as alternative) spinning up multiple virtual machines and simulate "the real thing". Sure, that uses lots of memory, but it will nicely show what 4.x is capable of.
>
> my understanding is that this is essentially similar to the current
> installer with a libvirt backend as the deployment, at least that's
> how it looks when i try to run an installation on a single physical
> node with multiple virtual machines.

Yes.  Although as mike notes it may be possible to get this running
with less effort via his route, which is a good alternative for simple
single machine.