Re: Follow up on OKD 4

On Wed, Jul 24, 2019 at 10:42 AM Michael Gugino <mgugino redhat com> wrote:

> I tried FCoS prior to the release by using the assembler on github.
> Too much secret sauce in how to actually construct an image.

Hmm, that's odd. FCOS is definitely magnitudes easier to build locally
than FAH ever was. The steps are basically just:

$ cosa init https://github.com/coreos/fedora-coreos-config
$ cosa fetch
$ cosa build

The cosa README[1] has some steps on how to get set up. There's no
"secret sauce" really (you can see the full pipeline the official FCOS
releases use[2] -- lots of goop, but it's mostly centered around
simple `cosa` commands). We have people in freenode/#fedora-coreos who
would be happy to help you (or anyone) get set up!

[1] https://github.com/coreos/coreos-assembler
[2] https://github.com/coreos/fedora-coreos-pipeline/blob/8e1d80b7d289b7ab1939e1a0d47f1e39bda30351/Jenkinsfile