Re: OKD 4.x

We’re currently working on how Fedora CoreOS will integrate into OKD.  There’s a fair chunk of work that needs to be done and FCoS has a broader mission than RHCoS does, so its a bit further behind (since OpenShift 4 / OKD 4 require an OS with ignition and ostree).  Stay tuned, I was going to write out a work plan for this and share it here.  There’s no current plan for a centos version, since there’s a lot of interest in FCoS for a newer kernel.

Until that happens, try.openshift.com makes it easy to get an evaluation of OCP4 for test and development even if you don’t have a subscription.

On Jun 6, 2019, at 6:04 AM, Alix ander <mysteriousmann hotmail com> wrote:

hey guys,

> OKD is upstream code base upon which Red Hat OpenShift Online and Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform are built

[red hat openshift 4 is now available](https://blog.openshift.com/red-hat-openshift-4-is-now-available/)

Does any body know if  there is any plan for OKD 4.x ? I am unable to find any information regarding OKD especially for bare metal.

Here is a documentation for installing the container-platform on bare-metal which uses Red Hat Enterprise Linux CoreOS(RHCOS) which presuppose red hat subscription. RHCOS will not be possible though to use on OKD - Is there something like CentOS for CoreOS ?

Cheers,
Alix