Re: [4.x]: thoughts on how folks should triage and open issues on the right repos?

Historically we also had a bugzilla Origin component that we used.  One challenge with GitHub issues is that they lack some of the tools that bugzilla has for triage and management, and so they always ended up being somewhat neglected (despite the best efforts of many people).

I definitely agree it's hard to pick one component repo to represent the new model for sure.