Re: Elasticsearch - 5.x

On 3/21/19 1:23 PM, Neale Ferguson wrote:

If I want to use the techpreview elasticsearch5 images are there any other changes I need to make as I am seeing this on startup:

Found index level settings on node level configuration.

Since elasticsearch 5.x index level settings can NOT be set on the nodes

configuration like the elasticsearch.yaml, in system properties or command line

arguments.In order to upgrade all indices the settings must be updated via the

/${index}/_settings API. Unless all settings are dynamic all indices must be closed

in order to apply the upgradeIndices created in the future should use index templates

to set default values.

Please ensure all required values are updated on all indices by executing:

curl -XPUT 'http://localhost:9200/_all/_settings?preserve_existing=true' -d '{

"index.number_of_replicas" : "0",

"index.number_of_shards" : "1",

"index.translog.flush_threshold_period" : "5m",

"index.translog.flush_threshold_size" : "256mb",

"index.unassigned.node_left.delayed_timeout" : "2m"

}'

[2019-03-21T18:22:36,493][WARN ][o.e.b.ElasticsearchUncaughtExceptionHandler] [logging-es-data-master-1jbe2qib] uncaught exception in thread [main]

org.elasticsearch.bootstrap.StartupException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: node settings must not contain any index level settings

The Dockerfile is building 5.6.10 but the 3.11.0 image from docker.io/openshift appears to be based on 2.4.4 (which was changed to 5.x in June 2018).

Right. The image is now https://hub.docker.com/r/openshift/origin-logging-elasticsearch5/tags - there are similar changes for origin-logging-curator5, origin-logging-kibana5, origin-logging-fluentd

What version of openshift-ansible did you use to deploy logging?

Neale