[IPFailover] Keepalived HostPort

Hi,

I’m trying to have multiple ipfailover deployments  live on the same host (each managing a different physical interface). I create them using the oc adm ipfailover command. However I am not able to have multiple keepalived pods on the same machine due to the Deployment opening the port 63000, but this port does not seem to be used at all by keepalived.

Moreover, I tried deleting it from the Deployment config and the the deployment went well. And there was indeed a master and a backup assigned pointing to the the fact they do not use this port at all.

Could someone explain to me what is the purpose of this port ? It seems its only current purpose is so that no two keepalived pods run on the same node. Wouldn’t this better be served with podAntiAffinity ?

Best

Jocelyn Thode