Re: dev Digest, Vol 86, Issue 4

Hi Phil,
Comments noted... When I finally see the data from "node" I will review and go over with PO/Tech Lead (they built the Openshift Instances!).

Sadly I still dont know how, with the openshift-restclient-library, get to the Node data.

I have tried every resource and every part of the API and although I can see node in the object in the debugger as part of IResource objects, I still canoot find how to access the node data.

I would have though I would be able to do something like:
Nodes nodes = client.getNodes();
for(Node eachNode : nodes) {
   // dig into nodes....
}

Or.. in keeping (seemingly with how the library is built):
IRecource nodes = client.getResource(Resource.Nodes);
for(IResoruces eachNode : nodes) {
   INode iNode = (INode)eachNode;
   // dig into nodes....
}

At this rate I will have to start to use actual calls to the Openshift instance (obtained from looking at loglevel=8 from oc calls below)...

Someone mentioned another library I could use to interrogate Openshift and I will also go look at that to see if that allows access to Node information.

Thx

> I dont know Openshift too well but I am trying to get the details that
> would be returned from this command:
>
>     oc describe node -l app=sc-app
>
>     ... (towards the bottom)...
>
>         /Allocated resources:/
>
>         /(Total limits may be over 100 percent, i.e., overcommitted.)/
>
>         /CPU Requests CPU Limits Memory Requests Memory Limits/

>         /804m (50%) 1600m (100%) 1557Mi (6%) 3160Mi (12%)/
>

> I take all the %ages for all the nodes and then average them for the
> whole instance.... thereby getting a "utilization"...
Averaging %ages is not all that useful. Think about what is actually
being computed. A %age is a ratio of numbers. Averaging a set of ratios
doesn't really explain much.