Re: Auto scaling on OpenShift

Hi Fabio,

Currently, the scaling threshold is baed into the HAProxy cartridge by the haproxy_ctld daemon.
https://github.com/openshift/crankcase/blob/master/cartridges/haproxy-1.4/info/bin/haproxy_ctld
This daemon, pools the haproxy stats socket and scales up when needed.

Scaling is available on a free OpenShift account but this file is not editable for a user. Your best bet
is to run it in OpenShift Origin.

This functionality is available on the LiveCD as well but you will need to create a scaled app to use it.
When creating the app with "rhc app create" pass it a "-s" flag at the end.

Let me know if you run into other issues.

--Krishna