Re: Exclude broker as hosting gears

+++ Igor Laskovy [10/09/12 23:55 +0300]:
Hi Brenton,

look like erasing broker from rubygem-stickshift-node*,
stickshift-mcollective-agent* and cartridges break something:

Hmm... I was able to reproduce this.  You can run the following to
undo that change:

yum install stickshift-mcollective-agent
service qpidd restart
service mcollective restart
service stickshift-broker restart

It's actually surprising to me that rubygem-stickshift-node has to be
installed on the broker (since it's a dependency of
stickshift-mcollective-agent).  I'm going to file a bug to remind us
to look into that to make sure the RPM dependencies are setup
correctly.  I does make sense that stickshift-mcollective-agent needs
to be installed.

Back to your original question... If you don't want gears to land on
the broker just make sure you don't have any cartridges installed. :)

Also, my day was a little busier than I expected yesterday.  I am
still planning to investigate the district question you had.

--Brenton

[root broker ~]# rhc domain show -l n -d
Password: ***********

Submitting form:
rhlogin: n
debug: true
Contacting https://localhost
Problem reported from server. Response code was 503.
HTTP response from server is <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">
<title>503 Service Temporarily Unavailable</title>
</head><body>
<h1>Service Temporarily Unavailable</h1>
request due to maintenance downtime or capacity
problems. Please try again later.</p>
<hr>
<address>Apache/2.2.22 (Fedora) Server at localhost Port 443</address>

Are you have this behavior?