help: openshift-origin.vmx refuses to start

I just downloaded the OpenShift Origin VM, and tried starting the open shift-origin.vmx VMware Fusion VM.

It does not work.

The first problem is presented in a VMware alert box: "Cannot connect the virtual device ide1:0 because no corresponding device is available on the host."

After dismissing this alert, the VM window displays "Starting" and an empty '% complete' bar. But nothing appears to happen and, after I subsequently suspended and then resumed the VM to see if anything would happen, the VM window show this output:

... pciehp 0000:00:17.0 pcie04: pci_hp_register failed with error -16 ... [SNIP] ... pciehp 0000:00:18.7 pcie04: pci_hp_register failed with error -16 Started Show Plymouth Boot Screen. Reached target paths. Reached target Basic System. itqueue[173]: Warning: could not boot. Started Show Plymouth Boot Screen.

So, RedHat has supplied a VM for OpenShift Origin that is purported to work with VMware Fusion, however in my case at least, it doesn't. Any suggestion(s) on how to get this working?

Thank-you.