OpenShift HA/Data Tier scaling Questions

I'm excited to see that "HA features" are coming to OpenShift for the application tier. I have some questions about them that I can't find the answer to and I'm hoping someone here knows the answers:

1. Is integration with external load balancers supported? e.g. BigIP F5
2. Is there a plugin API for supporting external HA components? e.g. BigIP F5, LVS
3. What about HA for the database tier, is there support for database failover?

For the data tier, I'm looking to do some serious scaling (150GB Solr Database). Are there plans to support different gear sizes for different tiers of the application? The web fronts for an application don't need 150GB of disk quota or 16GB of ram each. In my case they need far, far less than this. For example, I'd like to have an application that uses one size of gears for say the tomcat gears and a different size for the mongodb gears.

Also, are there any plans for scaling of databases (i.e. adding read replicas)?

Thanks!

-Aaron