Re: Open shift origin, basic auth

What is the documentation you were using? We have no small amount of outdated info out there...

I believe you'll want the remote-user auth plugin installed, and to modify /var/www/openshift/broker/httpd/conf.d/openshift-origin-auth-remote-user-basic.conf.sample into /etc/openshift/plugins.d/openshift-origin-auth-remote-user.conf

----- Original Message -----
From: "Nathan T. Lager" <lagern lafayette edu>
To: users lists openshift redhat com
Sent: Friday, June 28, 2013 9:35:46 PM
Subject: Open shift origin, basic auth

I am playing around with openshift origin on rhel.  I set it up using the puppet method listed on the openshift origin site. I have a broker, and one node.

I figured out the admin login after it was setup initially, but I'm having trouble fighting out how to add additional users.

I have come across methods describing basic and LDAP with via apache, and I'm trying to implement one of those.

The docs I came across say to use the sample httpd configs found in /var/WWW/openshift/broker/httpd/conf.d and modify them to work in ,y environment.  I took the basic auth sample, put it in place, generated an htpasswd in /etc/openshift, and restarted openshift-broker.  This appeared to work.  I was prompted by my browser for login credentials, configured with the title which was set in the basic auth config.  It appeared to accept my user/pass, and spun for a bit, but then asked me again for credentials.  This looked, however, like the original admin/admin login, not my basic auth login.  The problem is, I can't figure out where to disable that, and there's nothing in the docs about it.

Anyone have any experience here?  Thanks!