Re: Add node to district problem

That file is supposed to be populated by a cron job. Do you have the openshift-origin-msg-node-mcollective RPM installed on your node? It provides /etc/cron.minutely/openshift-facts which runs /usr/libexec/mcollective/update_yaml.rb - and if that is not running, you will have bigger problems than not being able to district the node. You don't normally need to do anything manually here, but the docs mention it here: https://access.redhat.com/site/documentation/en-US/OpenShift_Enterprise/1/html-single/Deployment_Guide/index.html#Updating_the_Facter_Database

It may help you to run oo-diagnostics on all your hosts to see if it can find anything else wrong.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Marian Ignev" <m ignev gmail com>
To: "Steve Morrissey" <smorriss d umn edu>
Cc: users lists openshift redhat com
Sent: Monday, November 4, 2013 3:12:34 AM
Subject: Re: Add node to district problem

Hi Steve,
thank you very much! I just add the node_profile in the facts.yaml as you said and it's okay now! You save me a lot of time! I was started to debug the chain ...

In the facts.yaml i had only this directive:
mcollective: 1

Can you give me some documentation link or article about this file, because i can't find. Thanks in advance :)

Thanks once again.

Поздрави,
Мариан Игнев

---