Re: Persistent disks in cartridges

On 11/07/2013 12:40 AM, Arunabha Ghosh wrote:
Hi,
      Is there any way to provide persistent storage for cartridges ?
Does the disk storage for a cartridge disappear when the cartridge's
gear is moved to another node ? What about Node crashes ?

Storage on OpenShift is already persistent, and if a gear gets moved to a new node, it's files have to get moved with it. Please don't confuse persistent with things like clustered or redundant storage though, those are completely different things.

In Online we have multiple levels of redundancy on the storage, and should a node crash there is the ability to move the storage from a crashed node to a new one. If you are running OpenShift on your own, it all depends on how you setup your storage and what you have available that will define what kind of redundancy and portability you have available. Right now I can't recommend running OpenShift with a clustered file system for the gear storage, even though it may be possible.

- John 'Warthog9' Hawley