Re: Openshift Origin, cant create apps based on quickstarts.

Ups, I forgot you have to update the Cartridges repo after you install or uninstall any cartrige. I didn't know either and I run in the same issues.
You need to run this command (I think it was all I had to do...):

/usr/sbin/oo-admin-cartridge --recursive -a install -s /usr/libexec/openshift/cartridges/

Here is the part of the guide which exaplain it:
http://openshift.github.io/documentation/oo_deployment_guide_comprehensive.html#select-and-install-built-in-cartridges-to-be-supported