Re: Compiling Java code -- Nothing to compile - all classes are up to date

On Tue, Oct 01, 2013 at 01:43:22PM -0400, Brenton Leanhardt wrote:

> >compile that one .java manually and commit the src/ content including
> >the manually-built .class to my git repository and push, things
> >works. However, when I remove the .class and just want OpenShift to
> >take care of the compilation, nothing happens:
>
> This seems odd.
>
> rhc app create -a spnego -t jbosseap-6.0
> cd spnego
> git remote add upstream git://github.com/kwart/spnego-demo.git
> git fetch upstream
> git merge -X theirs upstream/demo-for-adelton
> git push
>
> At this point everything compiled and deployed.  However it seemed

You are right, your steps work. Thank you!

> like ROOT.war was still around because when I curl'd the app I saw the
> default welcome text.
>
> I then diff'd with the original template pom and saw that the
> 'openshift' maven profile is what set the war name.  Once I readed at
> and pushed the code I would see that the new application was
> responding.
>
> Was the process you tried different than the steps above?

I getched the .zip and put the content in manually, and clearly
I ended up with different git repo. Your steps gave me a working setup
and I will diff it against my version to see the culprit.

By the way, wouldn't it be worth amending

> >	http://openshift.github.io/documentation/oo_cartridge_guide.html#layout-and-deployment-options-2

with your steps above. Maybe it's what the Method 1 implicitly assumes
the user to do but example steps might help.

Thank you,

--
Jan Pazdziora | adelton at #ipa*, #brno
Principal Software Engineer, Identity Management Engineering, Red Hat