Re: Stick DB gears to DB node

You know, that does seem like a good idea, but you really can't do it right now.

Looks like this sprint we'll be working on the ability to specify a different gear profile for DB gears (https://trello.com/c/ENZCtb66). Once that is available, you could set aside a gear profile just for DBs and do whatever optimizations you'd like on the nodes for that profile.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Anselm Strauss" <strauss puzzle ch>
To: users lists openshift redhat com
Sent: Monday, October 7, 2013 9:11:38 AM
Subject: Stick DB gears to DB node

Hi,

I was wondering if one could get OpenShift to stick all the DB gears to a specific node in the cluster. Many people ask me if it is a good idea to mix all the web and DB gears over all nodes. I would like to gather all the DB gears on some special nodes in the cluster that have fast local storage. I think that would make sense at least for scaled applications where the web and DB gears are separated. Can I configure how gears are distributed on the nodes?

Anselm.