deploying an application across multiple gear in OSE

We have an application (LucidWorks Search) that we are trying to deploy across multiple gears in Openshift Enterprise, we are using the app name (like lws-solr.itos.redhat.com:80) for making each app talking to other but the actual application is picking the host IP like 10.x.x.x:80 and as you can see this is not working when the app tries to talk to a different app deployed in a separate gear. Is there a work around to this problem?

Thank you
Venkat