Re: Can't connect to admin interface of OpenShift demo image

Hi again--

On Sep 12, 2013, at 11:34 , "N. Harrison Ripps" <hripps redhat com> wrote:

>> I'm totally new to OpenShift and I wanted to take a very quick tour.
>> I downloaded the VM from here http://openshift.github.io/, I imported that into VirtualBox running on my Windows 7 PC.
>>
>> The VM boots as expected and I can use the console.
>>
>> When I try to connect to the web based console with credentials admin/admin reported here http://openshift.github.io/documentation/oo_deployment_guide_vm.html#accessing-the-virtual-machine, I get a basic authentication pop-up. I submit the credentials but I'm not authenticated.
>>
>> No way to access the console.
>
> Hey Marco--
> I'm pulling down the VM straight from openshift.github.io to have a look. I'll follow up when I have more info.

I was able to connect to the web console using the latest VM.

Here's what I did:

1. I pointed my browser at the URL in the Origin VM's startup screen.
   In my case, it was "https://broker-144.openshift.local/console";

2. Entered the 'admin' user / password into basic auth as described (the 'openshift' user is a shell account, not an Origin account)

Were you trying the 'openshift' user?

--Harrison