Re: Can't connect to admin interface of OpenShift demo image

Hi Harrison,

Thanks for your prompt reply,
Actually I tried with admin/admin and I got the bad results.

I've got a hint (maybe).

I noticed that the browser (I used firefox, first, but with IE and chrome I get same results) complains about the certificate.
It says that the certificate is not valid and asks if I want to continue.
I confirm and, after some retries, I get a "HTTP Basic: Access denied." error message.

Don't really know what it is.... :(

Thanks,
Marco.

2013/9/12 N. Harrison Ripps <hripps redhat com>
Hi again--

On Sep 12, 2013, at 11:34 , "N. Harrison Ripps" <hripps redhat com> wrote:

>> I'm totally new to OpenShift and I wanted to take a very quick tour.
>> I downloaded the VM from here http://openshift.github.io/, I imported that into VirtualBox running on my Windows 7 PC.
>>
>> The VM boots as expected and I can use the console.
>>
>> When I try to connect to the web based console with credentials admin/admin reported here http://openshift.github.io/documentation/oo_deployment_guide_vm.html#accessing-the-virtual-machine, I get a basic authentication pop-up. I submit the credentials but I'm not authenticated.
>>
>> No way to access the console.
>
> Hey Marco--
> I'm pulling down the VM straight from openshift.github.io to have a look. I'll follow up when I have more info.

I was able to connect to the web console using the latest VM.

Here's what I did:

1. I pointed my browser at the URL in the Origin VM's startup screen.
   In my case, it was "https://broker-144.openshift.local/console"

2. Entered the 'admin' user / password into basic auth as described (the 'openshift' user is a shell account, not an Origin account)

Were you trying the 'openshift' user?

--Harrison