Re: Can't connect to admin interface of OpenShift demo image

Actually at the browser warning, I accepted to continue.
At this point, the pop-up window saying to submit the credentials is shown three times (maybe because the authentication fails) and, after three retries, the "HTTP Basic: Access denied" error message is shown on the browser page (not in the pop-up that is not shown any longer).

As far as I understand, the credentials shouldn't be cached by the browser because I'm able to key them in all the times.

Strange, very strange.

I'll try to trace the HTTP handshake and see what happens.
Is there a way for disabling HTTPS communication?

I don't know if this could be the cause, but here http://openshift.github.io/documentation/oo_deployment_guide_vm.html#configure-mdns I read to configure mDNS. The description says "mDNS services are built-in on MacOSX (bonjour) and Windows (zeroconf) system...".
What's does that mean?
Is Windows (the system I am using) already OK and I don't need to configure anything?
The only configuration I made, at Windows level, was to define a couple of hosts in ...\etc\hosts.

    192.168.0.100    broker.openshift.local
    192.168.0.100    broker-1e59.openshift.local

where 192.168.0.100  is the address I see in openshift console.

Thanks,
Marco.

2013/9/12 N. Harrison Ripps <hripps redhat com>
Hey Marco--

On Sep 12, 2013, at 16:10 , Marco CONSONNI <mcocmo62 gmail com> wrote:

> Hi Harrison,
>
> Thanks for your prompt reply,
> Actually I tried with admin/admin and I got the bad results.
>
> I've got a hint (maybe).
>
> I noticed that the browser (I used firefox, first, but with IE and chrome I get same results) complains about the certificate.
> It says that the certificate is not valid and asks if I want to continue.
> I confirm and, after some retries, I get a "HTTP Basic: Access denied." error message.

The certificate complaint is expected. The Origin VM self-signs its SSL certificate, which causes all browsers to raise a warning. In order to continue, you need to accept the warning.

It sounds like you did that, so I'm a little at a loss for why you would not then be able to log in to the console.

The "HTTP Basic: Access denied" warning is interesting. This suggests to me that maybe your broser is auto-submitting the login credentials for you, but perhaps the wrong password has been stored?