Port Binding

Hi Everyone,

I'm running an OpenShift Origin cluster and am trying to understand why within a gear there are seemingly no restrictions on the IPs/ports to which I can bind. I can even "steal" another gears assigned IP/port and listen on them (assuming the other gear's processes happen to be shut down). I noticed that on the hosted openshift this is not the case. The bind system call fails when binding to anything other than the IPs/ports allocated to my gear. Any insight into the secret sauce red hat is using to do this?

Thanks!

-aaron

Sent from my iPad